1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
The members of the Committee of the Railway Club of the New Forest (RCNF) are the data controllers (contact details below). This means they decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The Members of the Committee of RCNF comply with their obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following legitimate purposes: -
• To administer membership records;
• To promote the interests of RCNF;
• To manage our members;
• To maintain our own accounts and records;
• To inform you of news, events, and activities run by RCNF;
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Explicit consent from you so that we can keep you informed about news, events and activities, and process your membership fees for administration purposes.
• Processing is carried out by us provided:
- the processing relates only to current members (including Life members)
- there is no disclosure to a third party without your full consent.
5. Sharing your personal data. Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with individuals within RCNF unless required by law. No photographic images of members, members’ family/ friends/ associates will be published on the club’s website or used for publicity purposes.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We will only keep data for so long as we deem it necessary.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Committee of RCNF holds about you;
• The right to request that the Committee of RCNF corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for RCNF to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
8. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the Secretary of RCNF directly or via the website Contact Page (“Trackback”).